CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,964 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8408
    "Anybody an idea will SPP be pro rata?"

100% certain it will be.

In fact, I'm surprised they are even offering an SPP given the structure of the share register, which is dominated by really small shareholders (88% of shareholders - ~1,540 in number - own less than $21k worth of shares, a meaningful 60% of shareholders own less than $4.5k worth of stock).

smp register.JPG

Even if the SPP amount was as big as one-quarter of the size of the insto placement, so 0.25 x $13m = $3.25m, that would mean only ~$2,100 available per "small" shareholder.

I guess the reason the board opted to include an SPP was in recognition of the company's loyal, NZ-domiciled shareholder base, which represent almost 60% of the share register.

(From a behavioural finance point of view, I find it somewhat bizarre that people express great interest in participating in SPPs such as this when, just a few short weeks ago, they could have acquired the stock at prices 25%, and more, lower than the SPP price.

Same company; same assets and IP; same management,;same fundamentals, same valuation; same everything... the only thing that has changed is that some investment institutions bought some stock.

In other words, it appears to be a case, of "If the investment institutions think it is good buying, well then it must be, so I'll do the same.")

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.