Ann: Completion of Exploration Drill Program at E, page-4

1. 271 Posts.
    re: Ann: Completion of Exploration Drill Prog... Seems the market didn't care much for this announcement. Down 6%, though the market in general was down. As the results didn't set the price on fire they cant have been that good, however they are doing more follow up so I'm thinking there could be something worthwhile here. Rare earths would be a bonus if the copper was sufficient to mine. I cant see it being mined just for the rare earths.

The thorium is interesting. I have heard of Thorium being mentioned a couple of times in the last month.
    My limited understanding of Thorium is its use as a fuel in reactors. The benefit over uranium is that it doesn't burn as hot and when it goes pear shape it doesn't go into melt down. The nuclear waste is less than a Uranium reactor and not as toxic. The downside is that you cant use it for nuclear weapons.
    It is my understanding that Russia and America were looking into Thorium reactors at the time they were investigating Uranium reactors. Uranium won out.

I suspect the amount of thorium is small enough to be more of a problem that a benefit.

Please keep in mind I'm only a punter and no expert on any of this. If someone wants to set us straight then please do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.041M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 292161 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AKN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.