PEK 9.30% 19.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Yes indeed it looks like its been pushed to June. I dont really...

1. 229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Yes indeed it looks like its been pushed to June. I dont really understand the extra month either. The way I understand things can go from here:
    1. Contract with Shenghe stipulates that by end of May they will source the funding for the project (which is also less now). If that is the case I would hope Peak is ready to pull the trigger with a FID immediately after funding if it really is in May, the extra month seems like a complete waste of shareholder money. I don't see why if the funding isn't secured earlier why they would need to push FID back to June. Can save some cash and cancel the Macquarie search.
    2. We have Macquarie in the meantime looking for alternative funding options in case Shenghe are just stalling which seems unlikely given their history at mountain pass. The idea being if Shenghe are unsuccessful that we can pull the trigger with what Macquarie find.
    3. Shenghe were just trying to stall the project and say they were unable to find funding. Macquarie say thank you very much for the fees but given the current prices for NpDr and the market environment with tight credit markets we actually didn't even bother doing anything and have found nothing. Peak then need to CR, reduce staff and stall in the hope NpDr prices improve.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.020(9.30%)
Mkt cap ! $51.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.5¢ $51.71K 257.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 73648 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 1068 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.