SAR 0.00% $4.69 saracen mineral holdings limited

Ann: Completion of Retail Entitlement Offer, page-6

1. 6,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2935
    You are focusing mostly on noise.

NST, EVN, RRL and SAR is on the macro fundamentals investment side of the portfolio (on my longs) but not to say I don't play the TA when opportunities present itself. Well my bot does anyway but that is a fraction of compared... I have come to accept that timing the market is really not my strong point. Either that or I'm just being complacent these days. Having my Aus gold miners and physical gold holdings emphatically beat the XJO over the last couple of decades have made me a bit immune to these short terms noise.

I do fret the newer entries every now and then however (AMI, GOR and RED would be an example); but given time (a few quarters) they seem to come good. Even with these recent losses on my new entries, I still average well above 20% ROE on my equities.Proactive used to be my style too but nothing wrong with holding long... very long. Unfortunately I don't sleep well at night being proactive and I find myself taking on more risks than required. Get a few multi-baggers in your portfolio and let the compounding accretion work in your favour. Fret on the short term noise and you will get your emotions get the better of you.

The potential for gold stocks to surge to new bull highs on good quarterly results is totally dependent on what gold does over the coming quarters. While gold has shown awesome resilience in consolidating high and mostly holding $1400 over the months, the gold selloff risk is high due to gold-futures positioning. Gold-futures speculators dominate short-term gold price action. Their current bets on gold are excessively-bullish IMO, warning that their capital firepower to buy gold is nearing exhaustion. They are effectively all-in on long upside bets, and all-out on short downside bets. That leaves them vast room to sell hard on the right catalyst, pushing gold sharply lower as shown the last few weeks. I made a call of gold consolidating to around $1425. I have yet to see that and I still believe exhaustion on the Gold-futures will not be achieve until we hit that mark but in an era of cheap credit it is looking like these Gold-futures traders are more than happy to double down at current levels well before the $1425 technical level is breached.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.