APX 8.60% 50.5¢ appen limited

Sounds to me the bulls here are still in the denial phase, all...

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Sounds to me the bulls here are still in the denial phase, all they do is cover their ears and blah blah out any negative comments calling it gibberish dribble nonsense. Almost all investors have moved well past the acceptance phase already.
    Their LLM business is still very much a sweatshop, albeit they labour hire domain experts like poets and radiologists for RLHF, instead of disabled people who can only work at home, or 3rd world country people struggling with poverty, which was their deep learning labour hire business model. They have a RLAIF offering but I doubt anyone use it. Chatgpt, bard, shepherd, claude and many others are all orders of magnitude better for RLAIF. The problem with this company is any tech they come up with, mag7 can easily do 1000 times better. They need a niche product to survive in this extremely crowded AI space, but the CEO hasn't said anything about going in this direction.

Somebody mentioned the CEO put out for sale sign. He didn't buy in the last CR, despite the extremely low share price. Both things tell me he has 0 confidence in his own company. He also mentioned VC backed competitors are giving them a hard time, must be referring to Scale AI and Snorkel and some others. I just can't see how this company will survive after a few years, unless CEO comes up with a new strategy away from human labour sweatshop, and executes upon it. Anyone who follows telus knows they are struggling too in their data labelling department, they admitted AI is taking over content moderation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.