EQR 0.00% 4.1¢ eq resources limited

Thanks Atari.I would have thought that all companies operating...

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Thanks Atari.

I would have thought that all companies operating in different jurisdictions, multi nationals, exporters, importers and alike, tick the box in all reporting by identifying risks such as currency risk.

In terms of finding skilled and qualified staff, good call.

Seems to be the same here, I am no longer hearing "we just cant find good people" I keep hearing we cant get anyone!!!

Across numerous industries, mining no different. Who the F#ck wants to head to the middle of Australia just to drive a big truck, not be close to friends and family, live in a tin shed (sauna) and develop a meth habit for the sake of getting paid $40k-$50k more than you might get paid somewhere you are actually enjoying your life. Though, not a bad short to medium term option if you can save a bunch of cash.

I have no idea what the Spain operation looks like but Mt Carbine is pretty close to a town and as such doesn't need FIFO workers. In addition, Kevin and team seemed to make a point of going into town and seeking out people already living and working close by to give them an opportunity to get trained up for a more (financially) rewarding career. Probably pissed of all the local hospitality businesses in the short term but they are the ones who will also benefit with more money flowing into the town from an active mine close by.

Possibly the same could occur in Spain but I would have thought that risk was well and truly identified and either accepted or mitigated as part of due diligence.

With the baby boomers starting to exit work force here there is a significant talent drain and reduction in bodies available in many industries. It will be an ongoing problem for many companies, industries and countries, hard to see why Spain would be any different. End of the day if you have to pay more to attract the right people that flows through to what the end user pays.

That said, it also drives efficiencies in processes to reduce costs and the number of people required. We are yet to really see the outcome but, IMHO, companies (like eqr) that are employing better methods and new technologies to get more from less are the ones giving themselves the best chance of success in an ever changing and challenging environment, regardless of the industry.

I'm keen to see this thing fly and certainly hoped (prayed?) it would have by now. That said, I can't really fault the progress that has been made and in the end I expect that neither the market or management have any interest in my personal agenda and timeframes.

This is a difficult and therefore risky industry we are exposed to. There are many on here who will judge and assess success after every report, announcement or equity change. Personally I think we need to be well into the 2025 financial year where we should be fully ramped up and drilling out at Mt Carbine (a few quarters under our belt in the open cut including a wet season), under control in Spain, making plans for Wolfram Camp and hopefully humming.

Who knows...

For me this is either my next house (for cash) or a really good tent....maybe a three person job.

Me Tinks - IMHO, DYOR, GLTAH, LGBTQIA...and the rest of the alphabet....

NOTE: I have no facts or research to support any of the above...just been here a little while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $91.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.2¢ 4.1¢ $77.07K 1.870M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.56pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EQR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.