AJA 0.00% $7.23 astro japan property group

re: Ann: Completion of Senior Loan Refinancin... I agree with...

1. 205 Posts.
    re: Ann: Completion of Senior Loan Refinancin... I agree with you both (Brian and ThinkinLoudly). With an Asian background, I certainly believe reputation, relationship and sometimes "face" play a huge role in the way of business in Japan.

I still have confidence in AJA management that they will manage the portfolio reasonably well. In a broader industry view, the real estate market in Japan has been improving, albeit slowly, until the disaster (earthquake and tsunami last month), as in the recent land value reports below:
    http://tochi.mlit.go.jp/english/01_04.html

I have been accumulating AJA gradually in the last two years, and expecting the turn around of the RE market. The future however is a little more uncertain, due to the economic hit (eg. manufacturing shutdowns and nuclear crisis). I factored in the risks of earthquake and tsunami, but not the nuclear plant issue. It taught me a lesson, there will always be black swans, diversification is key.

I've reduced my holding just a little bit (hope it helps in offsetting capital gain this FY), but AJA is still one of the largest holdings in my portfolio. I will continue to hold, but with the understanding that the recovery will take much longer than previously expected.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.