VRC 20.0% 0.6¢ volt resources limited

A few things there to look forward to nkat and hopefully before...

1. 928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1115
    A few things there to look forward to nkat and hopefully before Santa arrives but the question is whether the timeline of such announcements will be met. Credibility with retail punters like myself is clearly in tatters at the moment but hopefully this is not the case with entities that really matter. I'm obviously talking financiers, big name offtakers etc.

One of the much touted forthcoming updates as you've listed will be on the proposed BAM facility, its location and feasibility study amongst other things. This facility is projected to produce 7,500 tpa of CSPG at what, say $9000 USD per ton? Translate into about 100m AUD a year, Nice if it actually eventuates.
    But.... the following is an excerpt taken from a VRC announcement released on 4th October last year.

Energy Supply Developers (“ESD”) has selected Volt to be the CSPG supplier for its Gigafactory/Super Site that is expected to commence operations in 2025.ESD is developing a unique integrated LIB facility with planned capacity of up to 50 gigawatt-hours. This would require approximately 55,000 tonnes of CSPG annually to supply this cell making capacity. The Super Site facilities will be developed by ESD to incorporate battery materials suppliers, LIB cell manufacturer(s), R & D facilities and associated utilities and infrastructure2. The LIB cell producer selected for the Super Site facility has recently been approved for substantial funding from the Federal Government of the USA, and once the funding is made available, construction of the Super Site project will move forward quickly.

55,000 tpa (half a billion USD pa) dwarfs our own proposed facility of 7,500 tons and the first of these "supersites" was supposed to be up and running in 2025. Whatever happened to this? Does anyone know? Any mention of ESD has vanished from presentations, interviews etc. I've asked VRC on quite a number of occasions through various channels over the last few months and nothing, just crickets. Just the one question requiring a simple answer. Hopefully someone more learned than myself may have an insight as this would be transformational for us but I've turned blue holding my breath. Passed out in fact.
    By the way, I did not participate in the recent SPP offered to retail investors. Funny about that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $24.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.4¢ $19.81K 3.961M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 40242877 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 13389612 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.6¢
  Change
0.001 ( 33.3 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ 1184477
Last updated 16.11pm 03/05/2024 ?
VRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.