GNM 4.17% 1.2¢ great northern minerals limited

@Scarpa, hope you are well. You simply can’t determine where the...

1. 253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    @Scarpa, hope you are well.

You simply can’t determine where the next hole should be without having a proper look at the core samples. At his stage of the exploration it’s all about confirmation of the geology in the asset being drilled.

In this announcement there are lots of information for me to feel comfortable. Here are the key words that describes the right geological formation settings for possible lithium bearing pegmatite.

The annoucment is full of clues and which indicates to me that ground crew is working really hard for the best possible exploration outcome. Here are the key points for me.

“Fracture zone is found”. This is very very important.
    “Fresh quartz rich”. You know what that could mean.
    Pegmatite dyke was intercepted” This also comfirms to me that geology and the settings are right.

Please refer to highlighted areas below.

“TD005 was the second of two holes designed to investigate a possible subsurface continuation of the Trench 9 lithium intersection. A pegmatite was intersected near the bottom of TD005.”

The drilling encountered kaolinitic saprolite clays resulting from weathered granite to 20.6m then a fresh quartz-rich muscovite rich granite to 132m. A fracture zone was intersected between 42m and 56.05m. A white silicified granite was encountered between 58.6 and 59.25 m. A 10 cm pegmatite dyke was intersected at 106.5 m. A silicified muscovite granite with chloritic fracturing was encountered between 114.5 and 117.0 m. All intersections are down hole depths.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $1.778M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $2.904K 260.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 289525 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 4396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.10am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.