NTD 0.00% 42.0¢ ntaw holdings limited

If I can add my own industry insight: I own shares in CAR and I...

1. 16,660 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8106
    If I can add my own industry insight:  I own shares in CAR and I have only today had the chance to assess the result released last week.

CAR have a business called tyresales.com (https://www.tyresales.com.au/about-us), and during the result presentation conference call, the CEO provided a snippet into pricing actions on the part of tyresales.com; to wit:  "tyresales.com volumes were also down a bit but that was because we decided to not do any more discounting in order to try and lift profitability."

While it claims to have "835,614 tyres" I'm not sure what how many tyres are actually sold each year through tyresales.com, but I don't think it can be very much given tyresales.com forms part of the "Private" subset of CAR's Online Advertising division, and the Revenue for "Private" is only around $80m pa, which includes revenue generated from advertising and other consumer services as well.

Tyresales.JPG

Carsales private.JPG

So tyresales.com does not appear to be major player in the Australian tyre market, but that it is happy to forego some volume in exchange for the exercising of pricing discipline, can't be a bad thing for industry pricing discipline.

It's probably just one small part of the industry jigsaw puzzle, but I thought it might offer some sort of insight into what is happening in the industry in terms of competitor behaviour.

Last edited by madamswer: 24/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $56.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 24592 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 4677 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.