KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

same way I/ we bought over priced shares thru 2021 they also...

1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 323
    same way I/ we bought over priced shares thru 2021 they also bought over priced Kaddy shares haha.. acquisition was borderline acceptable under 2021 macro conditions.. would have been impossible to know that interest rates would go from 0 to 4% overnight.. all levels of investors getting reamed rn-- from retail who bought dw8 in 21 to instos who loaded up triple levered govt bonds obo pensions expecting a deep deflationary recession...

Missed a Q of growth doesn't help- but looking to US/ asx earnings this month, plenty of companies missing quite badly- even big tech.. so it really doesn't boggle the mind the we, a micro tech on asx with 0 pricing power /labour control/ any power over anything business wise really have missed.

looking for a cap raise next month with guidance on sustainability of cash burn and a comments on growth/ a route to continued growth and profitability.. This is a business that can be grown- its not a moon shop biotech / mining / discovery business.. it can be grown, thats one reason I continue to hold..

Fulfilment is at/ near to profitability. 'Tech business'- marketplace / connect are leading losses rn, we have 100 engineers working to create a marketplace which is servicing a low nominal value of transactions.. assuming that the number of engineers will stay constant to service a higher number of transactions and with tech traditionally running at 60%+ margins, then as it grows- it too should achieve a tipping point..

It just looks rn that each case shipped is being shipped for a loss-- which on paper it is, but my opinion is that most of those losses are being generated by the actual building / running of the tech business, not from net margins on actually shipping a case...

IMO this business is in its infancy and slowly (or quickly) building adoption amongst buyers and suppliers- and the same way the iPhone or amazon marketplace took 10+ years to overcome the affinity for legacy products- I have a feeling I will be extending the expected investment horizon on Kaddy from original 3-5 years to 5-10 years.. mid life lambo maybe.. woohoo..... and just as those businesses' SP were absolutely decimated for missed growth / burning cash when they 'shouldn't have'- I too believe Kaddy is an obvious next step in the evolution of B2B ordering- its just been / going to be a very bumpy ride...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.