LOM 1.43% 7.1¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Ann: Consolidation/Split - LOM, page-15

1. 1,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 525
    There have been plenty of things in Lucapa's history that have caused me a degree of outrage, but I don't mind this. I'm as unhappy as anyone else about our share price performance, but we are where we are. 3.2c yippee.

We will all hold proportionately the same number of shares post a 5:1 consolidation. I don't see this as a license to the board to start issuing new shares like confetti (as has occurred in the past). It is well understood that some funds and investors prefer a smaller register. So our board obviously thinks this could attract new interest, new investors to the register. I don't imagine this would have been put to shareholders without Ross Stanley's support. He has more to lose than just about anyone.

I recall LOM shares doing quite well post the last consolidation - before the many cap raises, and value eroding decisions. But the company is now in good shape, debt free, and expecting some significant cash returns. We are all hoping for a good outcome with the new Lulo kimberlite MIC - and we are all certainly hoping to see uplift in our share value.

There is a certain irony in restoring the share value to what it was 5 years ago through removal of 80% of the SOI. But nevertheless, I'm in favour of the 5:1 consolidation. If a cap raise follows, I'll be the first to grab my pitchfork.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $20.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.2¢ 7.2¢ 7.0¢ $14.68K 205.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 178435 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 35000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.