LOM 6.35% 5.9¢ lucapa diamond company limited

The last paragraph is interesting.’By continually raising...

1. 1,289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 517
    The last paragraph is interesting.

’By continually raising questions that have negative conations (assumed the writer means connotations) or could raise doubts about a company - has no positive effect on the share price etc etc’

Conversely, do you think that by not raising questions, or only writing positive things about a company, that would have a positive effect on the share price?

I don’t think any comments, good or bad, make an iota of difference to the share price. If it did, I would be at the front of the line with my pom-poms cheering for LOM, figuratively speaking.

As an example, consider Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd’ which substantially reduced its position in LOM between the end of 2022 and 2023. Do you think that was influenced in any way, by anonymous comments on HotCopper?

Do you think negative anonymous comments could also influence voting results?

I think we have all witnessed over the years, no amount of outrage expressed on HotCopper makes the slightest bit of difference.

IMO, the stock market is all about cause and effect - companies that achieve good results, communicate well, create investor confidence - their share prices tend to do well. Companies that do the opposite - see the opposite, in terms of their share price.

LOM has admittedly had some headwinds with a difficult diamond market in recent times, and the EOFY doesn’t help, but LOM’s share price has a lot to do with Lucapa, and very little to do with anonymous comments on HotCopper or anywhere else. In my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.004(6.35%)
Mkt cap ! $17.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.4¢ 5.9¢ $15.13K 251.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4692 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 66501 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.23pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.