CXO 2.35% 8.3¢ core lithium ltd

Ann: Continuous High Grade Spodumene in Phase 2 RC Drilling, page-76

1. 1,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399
    @jimmityg

Welcome to the world of resource mining.

Although I studied Geology at University it was long long ago. Some of the rocks I studied are younger than me.

When I came here I found that, though I recognised many of the mineral resources referred to - spodumene, lithium, biotite mica, orthoclase feldspar etc - I had zero idea about lithium grades, resource viability etc. I've found that sitting and reading people's appraisals of the drilling results as they come through is extremely educational.

You quickly get to be able to tell a good lithium grade ( say 1.2%) from a great grade (1.5% and upwards) from a moderately poor grade (sub 1.0%). You also learn to think in terms of rock volumes and visualise the 3-dimensional underground ore body from the 2-dimensional maps and diagrams. in time you get a feel for total volume and aligning that with grade to decide for yourself what is good and what is average as far as a pegmatite body goes.

THEN you again read other people's opinions and see how close they are to your own. After a while you will have confidence that, while you won't be completely accurate, you'll at least have a working knowledge to sort the "this guy knows" from the "this guy has no clue" posts.

Finally, I would recommend you pay specific attention to the opinions and analyses of HC member John435 (and maybe go back through his post history re CXO for further insights). He is a geologist with particular experience in CXO grounds and other nearby or similar tenements in the past. He knows his stuff.

Be patient and be prepared to learn and take notes. You'll get there. I did.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.35%)
Mkt cap ! $177.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.6¢ 8.3¢ $766.9K 9.097M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1422995 8.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 273485 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.