DTI 0.00% 0.9¢ dti group ltd

Michael,A fairly simplistic analysis.  I certainly tire of the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    Michael,

A fairly simplistic analysis.  I certainly tire of the word "underlying" (note, they never say overlying) when management try to make a silk purse from a pig's ear.

However, in fairness I quote what they said about the interim results to Dec 2017:- "The underlying EBITDA loss in 1H FY18 is primarily attributable toi) Below budget revenue due to project rescheduling - $4.0 million;ii) Ongoing unplanned project and product development work undertaken to meet client requirementsas well as to ensure enhanced product competitiveness.iii) Reduced product margins (as reported at 30 June 2017) associated with below economic productionquantities due to offtake delays;iv) Adjustment made to R&D Grant receivable - $0.4 million;"

In addition in the figures to June 2018, they quite rightly wrote off the Intangible Assets of $5.16 million, thus a major contributor to the over all loss for the year.

Back at the end of July 2017 they suggested FY18 looks like it maybe much better due to work in pipeline is now $30 mill.  Sadly they achieved $19 mill in sales for the year.

I am hoping that after all the write offs that perhaps they may now get their act together and sell existing technology rather than encourage their potential clients with new technology around the corner and thus have to write off so much of the existing.  Technology coys like technology, new technology.  Whereas I am about selling todays, make money and quietly develop better products on the side while generating increasing profits.  ELX is similar in frustrating longtime shareholders.  After awhile we tend to think Bitcoin, lithium, blockchain, cobalt maybe better alternatives for our hard earnt cash.  JMT

Exasparantingly yours  Rikardo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.