TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

The $1 million deposit is probably needed upfront to build a new...

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    The $1 million deposit is probably needed upfront to build a new Head-End infrastructure. An African based solution might prove interesting as Africa is a big continent and the OTT service model is based on a basic Head-End and CDN platform and then an AT-EDGE server configuration to efficiently send and cache content close to the subscriber, so minimising network latency and congestion issues.

I have been in meetings with Amazon this week and so I asked about Africa yesterday and they advised there is not a strong cloud infrastructure network available in the continent outside South Africa where some presence exists. This means there will probably need to be a potential rework of parts of the tech architecture used in any such OTT roll-out unless they do a cloud solution out of South Africa where a fairly stable social society exists.

On the content side Vubiquity will need to feel satisfied on behalf of the 7 Hollywood studios that this Toomai operator is legit and not a risk. Not having a history is not a good thing when doing due diligence but not also a basis for refusal of supply.

IMO TV2U will need to assume the risk of the Toomai operator going bad and so carry the liability of minimum monthly subscription payments to Vubiquity or any other such content middleman IMO so insurances will need to be in place.

Once we know which country is the domiciled base for this country and the operation of the service, and through which telco, and on what consumer roll-out plan in terms of what African are being asked to pay for, we can understand better what this deal means technically and commercially.

Hopefully its not some despotic place with a narcissistic emperor who wants a private TV channel to have himself and his 20 wives do a reality TV show like the Kardishans to a failed state audience. Think of Mugabe!!
    IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.