PGH 0.64% 78.5¢ pact group holdings ltd

Ann: Contract Manufacturing, Trading and AGM Update, page-11

1. 1,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Yes that is quite correct, remember I said that both currency and resin usually have a rise and fall built into the pricing. I would suggest that the massive increase in costs associated with international freight will also be adjustment with customers.

I suspect that some information is being held back, ie electricity prices have softened (circa 20%) and it will be dependent on when their contracts run out.

So a simple example of a price adjustment for say resin.

Sell Price $10.00
    Resin Cost $4.00
    Other costs $4.00
    Total Cost $8.00
    Gross Margin $2.00
    GM % 20.0%

A 10% price increase for resin which is passed onto customer in a price adjustment

Sell price $10.40
    Resin cost $4.40
    Other Costs $4.00
    Total Costs $8.40
    Gross Margin $2.00
    GM % 19.2%

Gross margin % has been hit down from 20% to 19.2%! wow sound the alarm bells.

But hey lets take a closer look, we are still making the same $2 in Gross margin????

After the fiasco a few years back with the slow movement on price, PACT's management have learnt a very tough lesson so I suspect they will not repeat that issue again, especially after the CEO was walked out the door after it.

The bigger issue is;
    1. The fire that burnt down the NSW contract packing operations will impact on both revenue and profits, but just not sure how much
    2. They will be lapping a massive uplift last year with the windfall from manufacturing & selling hand sanitiser, how big was this I have no idea.

I believe that the base business is still robust and will continue to show profitable improvement, however growth will be anemic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.