APX 1.92% 51.0¢ appen limited

From Motley 3 small-cap shares that could make you a millionaire...

1. 2,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    From Motley

3 small-cap shares that could make you a millionaire

There’s no denying that REA Group Limited (ASX: REA) is a fantastic company and one of the better investments on the S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO). But due to its size I feel it is reasonably unlikely that we will see its share price double or triple in value again over the next few years.

Whereas those lucky investors that bought shares 10 years ago when the company was just a small cap share have seen it grow at an extraordinary rate. In fact, it has grown to such a size that a $60,000 investment 10 years ago would be worth just a touch under $1 million today thanks to its 10-year average annual total shareholder return of 32.3%.

In my opinion this shows how successful investors can be if they can identify a future blue chip share whilst it is still a small cap.

In the hope of identifying another REA Group, I’ve picked out three small cap shares which I feel have strong growth prospects. Time will tell whether they become the blue chips of tomorrow, but they certainly are exciting companies today.

Appen Ltd (ASX: APX)
    This exciting Australian technology company is a provider of language technology data and services in more than 180 languages. Its high quality data is critical for automatic speech recognition and is used by some of the world’s leading technology companies and even government security agencies. I believe its market-leading position in a growing language technology and machine learning market could help it grow at a strong rate for years to come. Unlike some tech companies which pile on debt, Appen has no debt and a very strong balance sheet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $112.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 54.5¢ 50.0¢ $888.6K 1.705M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 115356 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 15985 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.