88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Ann: Conventional Prospectivity Review Complete & Icewine2 Update, page-167

1. 5,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1478
    Been reading a bit about an old squeeze lately (divorced on the ann of Samarco 44bill civil suit....sorry love but you shoulda known better) BHP foray into the North American shale sector main entry Eagle Ford play.
    Relevance? Well a lot more than FAR let me tell you!
    Anyway article talks about how they were pretty unsure of how to go about fracking the play. They started with longer thinner fracks with ok results but didn't think they were that great because they couldn't extract the oil so well due to...I'll call it tight rock...which not being a geo I guess means tight pores.
    Soooo they went fat and thick which did the trick! Now happy to be corrected but seems to me we're talking with respect to our shale assets (yeah I know this ann is about our conventional play but DW does emphasis our priority is the shale after all and...well...basically want to get away from yesterday's BS) and I've long held the view contrary to some of our posters that Ice2 hiccups is going to kill our SP. I have also held that from my understanding that the Eagle Ford is about as close a shale play as I can (with my layman understanding) see that mirrors our play (conventional prospects aside). Thing is we got greater porosity as I understand it which was problem that BHP was having initially before they tailored their frak method to their particular envronment at the Eagle.

So what am I on about?... well a while back I recall reading maybe posting (don't recall and pretty hopeless using the advanced search function on HC plus big pain in @$$ when you're main internet access is a mobile) that in recent times some of the frac mixes have been employing the use of ceramics in their mix in order to ensure that flow isn't interrupted i.e.keeps porosity open.
    Also that the use of long range horizontal frac means that distances 10 times longer are now achievable meaning a lot less pads than were previously necessary...all this means is cheaper and more efficient and....most importantly.... more optionality in terms of the extraction methods available...much more...and that over last few years a lot of new technology has come to the fore previously unavailable.
    I think this is pretty clear from the chatter surrounding US shale generally and the big waves the Sauds created in the last few years by starting the pumping war...they didn't do it for fun...it was always based on the threat that the North America shale play was causing to ME oil dominance...and we are arguably talking THE main macro event in recent history here driving markets.

Anyway...before this turns into an essay...what I'm getting at is that the way I read some posters here is that if 88E screws up on its maiden flow test in Ice2 that is the be all and end all of our project. My view is that is untrue. What is true is that they may need to change the frac method...but that's a long way from calling it a duster ladies and gentlemen! Thinking also long and thin may be good though fat and thick does the trick but long and fat...perfect!

But of course the current 1.5 billion prospective conventional...pfffffft...on half of our new expanded holdings...the new half...you know the one our management and PB after having and studying the 2D seismics since ealy 2016 and irresponsibly went and successfully bid on...well how can anywone in their right mind think that a further derisk right?
    Yeah...can't help myself somrtimes...

Anyway here's the read on point...but I'm sure it won't sway some of our more hard to please holders.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.f...-blunder-after-all/?client=ms-android-samsung

Apologies if previously posted.
    Oh yeah...IMO...DYOR...yada yada.
    PS:
    Also if anyone missed it we finally got some mainstream media attention (see separate thread)...Yippee!

Personally...expecting much better performance next week on SP (yeah I know...bar insto manipulation)...and steady upwards on the way to Ice2...not a spikey ride more of a northerly slope type movement although looking at the ST chart seeing one of those nice flag indicator thingys...you know.. the ones that signal a breakout!...

Good W/E all...and good to see MM back...real good!
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $72.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $8.217K 3.623M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
277 297356414 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 643492251 206
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.53am 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.