SZL 0.00% $24.35 sezzle inc.

Ann: Conversion of CDIs into Shares of Common Stock, page-8

1. 3,652 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 527
    Hey Chili, I reckon their response is truthful and it's probably not so much about a defined figure they have to hit re public shares but probably more about making sure there won't be a repeat of the (lack of) trading on the day when Sezzle opened. By this I mean they probably need to prove there will be a degree of control of the price and trading - maybe by a mix of employing some market makers and perhaps some control of supply somehow in addition to getting that public number of shares higher. Adequate liquidity may still not exist in practice with just publicly available shares becoming available. i.e. I have converted some of my shares which makes them publicly available but I aint selling!

Overall I reckon Nasdaq want to prevent the old pump and dump scenario which is no good for those stuck in it, no good for Nasdaq and no good for the company either. The issue now is whether the price will drop when it relists? Imo a price of USD81 can be maintained believe it or not. Sezzle is growing, profitable (just) and got 5.68m shares on issue @81 = mc of 460. This implies a forward revenue multiple of a smidge over 3 - based on annualized July figures (12.5m). Check Affirm, much larger but the closest Nasdaq peer, which has a market cap of 5.2b and an ev/revenue ratio of 5.35. It's a quick and dirty calc but gives you a ball-park comparison. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AFRM/key-statistics?p=AFRM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.