ICG 0.00% 0.4¢ inca minerals limited

Ann: Copper-bearing Vein System Doubles in Width at Jean Elson, page-28

1. 10,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6069
    My opinion.

They are treating it the correct way. They do not know anything about the depth of the potential orebody as other than the pervasive vein swarm, it's all under sand. The desert sands are even more pervasive than the vein swarm Could be 10 metres down or could be hundreds. There is a somewhat nearby hole (25 km) that was drilled 61m depth by BHP back in the 80's and that hit rock only a few metres down (including granites and mafics with sniffs of copper but they were looking for kimberlites) but a lot can change in 1 kilometre none the less 25. We know there is a mafic body in Camel Creek and it does suggest the main orebody will be at or near surface but you could spend a small fortune mobilising to that area and not take the right rig without thorough study.

One scenario, what if there are 50 metres of sand over lying an ore body and they do an air core fence and can only get down 45 metres? Money wasted and nothing of consequence learnt? What if the malachite and hematite are peripheral to the main orebody and we never drill the real thing?

Full AMAGRAD, potentially follow-up gravity (ground based?) or IP then a serious drill campaign next season when they know far more precisely where to put the drills to best effect is the right strategy IMO. The structural setting is an exciting one. One theory, the area is the hanging wall above an ancient subduction zone where the north Australian Craton was added to by southern accretions. If so, this is the type of setting that could produce something big. There are very deep structures in the area and we are already seeing interesting geology. Getting the AMAGRAD on the area is going to get me more excited than a couple of shallow holes (or kill the excitement but that is unlikely as we already see copper at surface over a large area).

They are going to have their hands full with Peru, Barkly/East Tennant and work at MaCawley this season anyway. They have a lot going on so staggering some of the work and following good processes so as not to get ahead of themselves makes more sense to me. I believe the East Arunta could turn out to be the best of the lot but the process needs to be followed... and I reserve the right to change my mind with further information, eg assays at Frewenas or discoveries in Peru.

PS Out of curiosity, what do you regard as a discovery hole? One that proves mineralisation or one that proves likely economic mineralisation? If the former, the vein swarm at surface qualifies. If the latter we'd need more than an aircore fence?

Last edited by Kalenn: 21/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.