SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

ann: copper exploration update, page-17

1. 13,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3958
    "I know it is still early days with the copper but according to the above, the GOLD price in AUD may have just jumped AU$300.00 for SLR and only a minor gain in the SP today. Get em while they are still cheap I say. :-) "

Not quite;

The copper will lower costs at Murchison, not Mt Monger.
    Production from Mt Monger is targeting 200koz/yr and at Murchison its 100koz/yr.

So the gold price effectively jumping $300 only applies to one third of forecast production.

I do see it as a big positive though for this reason;

Murchison profitability is not yet proven.
    Grades are lower (u/g as well) compared to Mt Monger but this is offset to some extent by bulk mining methods when moving u/g.
    I believe overall cash costs are going to be higher at Murchison compared to Mt Monger but I don't know by how much.
    That has made it difficult to confidently put a value on Murchison production.
    The copper credits now offer the potential for Murchison to be lower cost per ounce of gold than Mt Monger.
    That adds a lot of confidence to potential value of Murchison gold.
    This never worried me with the sp around $2.50 (200,000oz at Mt Monger is good enough for a sp of $2.50), but above $3 Murchison profitability becomes more important in supporting the sp.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.