AUQ 0.00% 3.3¢ alara resources limited

Ann: Copper Project Update, page-22

1. 2,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 315
    blaming the exchange for lack of sp increase? that's a new twist to explain AUQ lack of performance, not to mention it's completely wrong. Now and again a poster gets it right when they realise the reason for poor performance is there are insufficient buyers with any interest in AUQ.
    There has been no momentum in AUQ trading for a very long time, trading gaps in market depth have been evident over a long period which most posters ignore but are always a red flag for any company.
    So why are there no buyers? The market does not like AUQ for a number of reasons chief of which are: mediocre assets, its inability to resolve long-standing legal issues, its inability to advance the Saudi project (which is the sole reason investors were attracted to AUQ years ago), and the total lack of transparency associated with the countries in which AUQ hopes to operate.
    AUQ has some big obstacles to overcome and unfortunately it always appears so laid back about everything it appears to be asleep most of the time. A big deal has been made about the granting of a mining licence but the process in any normal country is usually a breeze not so in the ME. Then there's the issue of finance, another less than transparent process in the ME, it's not financed in the way the market usually understands it due to ME religious/cultural traditions - quite frankly it's a mess. Until AUQ is able to deliver substantial news which the market can understand and is acceptable to it I don't think AUQ is going anywhere soon. If AUQ was able to deliver on the Saudi mining licence matter then all would change, but it appears to be light years away from that and in the meantime would be buyers (if they even know or care about AUQ) are left with a hodge-podge of minor assets.
    AUQ needs to lift its game and attending tea parties with ME characters falls short of acceptability to a market with little interest in spec mining stocks which have only average prospects.
    Unfortunately because of the part of the world where AUQ operates their hands are tied behind their backs when most deals are made by unseen (often corrupt) influential parties operating behind the scenes. Proof of that is the activity of the BOG which has simply stonewalled for 5 years on the Menagem legal fight and they are unchallengeable. Hell, the Menagem case would simply have been thrown out of court in any Western country years ago.
    Without some ground-shifting new direction current investors are likely to remain disappointed and new ones will be very difficult to find for what has proved to be a dog of a stock for many years. Anyone looking at the historical price chart could only fail to be impressed. I don't expect those who've fallen in love with AUQ to agree with my summary but the market certainly does and that's where the sp is determined not on HC.
    Have a nice weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $23.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 386 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 74051 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.