CXO 4.30% 9.7¢ core lithium ltd

Thanks mate, I've been pretty quiet on the forum lately as there...

1. 247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1228
    Thanks mate, I've been pretty quiet on the forum lately as there hasn't been much happening, and I must admit that the trading halt caught me by surprise. I had written off any kind of significant development until next year, so I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised come Monday, that said, I am not holding my breath either. As @wenty said, the company doesn't use trading halts all that often, so hopefully it is significant, but it could also be a sign of desperation. I feel like management has been under a lot of pressure lately from shareholders (I've definitely been on the phone a few times as I know others have as well), so I am hoping that this is not an attempt to appease us with some fluff - as I said, I am withholding judgement for the time being, but as usual, am a little excited that we might finally have something can get us moving.

My gut feel is that the announcement relates to either gold or silver, and for once (and for the sake of the SP) I hope that it isn't lithium - this is under the assumption that this relates to exploration and not a binding offtake, but if it was a binding offtake, I'm fairly sure the title would have been different. A big intercept for lithium isn't likely to grab any significant attention (unless it is truely incredible that points toward some massive upgrade in resource) as lithium is still off the boil. Gold or silver on the other hand might get some interest, and if it is decent, might even give us cause for a re-rate. Having some decent results for gold or silver really would provide us some options, either to flip them, or at the very least to demonstrate that we have a diverse mineral base and that we are no one trick pony (would probably increase our chance of a TO as well!). Either way, we need something and management needs to put some runs on the board to make sure their credibility isn't the thing that starts to create some headwinds to our progress. I can't be too critical of them (although I am more than I used to be) as getting all the approvals and plans in place is no small thing, and as @$man said, we will be the next lithium producer because all of the foundations have been laid. That said, there are some things they need to do better.

It seems we are a bit in no-mans land at the moment while we wait for the sector to turn. I thought that we might have seen the early signs of that over the past few weeks - the first few green shoots started to appear in a number of other companies in the sector....just not us yet - same old story huh? We will see how the sector responds over the next few months and if we do see global stockpiles start to recede and SBs last comments about having no end of supply of suitors for our product rein true, then we might finally (from a lithium perspective) start to see the last of the SP dungeon.

Lets see what Monday brings GLTA. A couple of other points:

@Linzy the company won't need to release anything about not getting a tesla deal because it was never on the table for us - they do not need to update the market on a 'never was'.

@barneydigs commit or hold your peace. It is very easy to jump on a forum and state that you're sure what the announcement is about and then say, "i'll tell you if I'm right after its out" - it's much harder to do some research, make your point and leave yourself exposed to being wrong. I don't think anyone on here would think worse of you for having an opinion and being wrong, but respect from me for those that are willing to publish their convictions.

@jeromeskuta most on here are confident in the lithium market or we wouldn't be here, and I'm not sure if 180k is a big investment for you, but it would be for me. I can only advise that you do some research. There are plenty of strong posters on here that have done a lot of research into the sector. My advice - have a look at this forum, LTR and GXY and read the posts with the most likes/most great analysis's - that would be a good place to start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.004(4.30%)
Mkt cap ! $207.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.3¢ 9.9¢ 9.1¢ $1.901M 20.05M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 120400 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 226960 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.