PYC 0.00% 13.0¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Ann: Core patent granted in Australia , page-30

1. 74 Posts.
    "Unwanted immunogenicity, its characteristics, and clinical significance is at present very difficult, if not impossible to predict based on simple models. I am simply questioning the blanket statement that all phylomers, being up to 50mer, will have problems - this is not justified. Even some human antibody therapeutics can evoke a significant anti-body response."

Now if you had said that the first time Enumerate, I would have given you much more credit. That is a nice response. I never made the blanket statement that all phylomers were immunogenic, but I did pose it to the forum as something that PYC has never touched on. You made the blanket statement that phylomers were less immunogenic than other foundation drugs, as you put it...that is not justified.

"Phylomer libraries are not drug libraries. Phylomers are screened for activity; to produce a drug requires further transformation (for stability, activity, anti-toxicity, etc.) - pharmacology properties."

Why I agree with this, this is not at all what Paul and PYC says at meetings, actually the opposite. They say phylomers are already to be drugs and that they are a rich source of novel peptide drugs. They say the structures are already stable, have excellent activity, and no toxicity ((toxicity for peptides is actually quite low generally as it is for most biologics, small molecules have the toxicity issues from metabolites and/or drug-drug interactions.

I have a friend with a PhD from Harvard Medical School and UMASS where he worked as an oncologist and immunologist. I'll get his view on phylomer immunogenicity, phage display and yeast-two-hybrid screening technologies for peptides and report back to the thread.

Look forward to his comments. Although you need an MD to be an oncologist, but immunologist may be correct. Regardless, I have a PhD, have been a professor of medicine for 20 years, have graduated hundreds of students, have founded 3 biotechs, 2 that have sold to big pharma, and also have been the head of compound discovery for a big pharma company in which I had a team of 200 running various screening assays, hence my knowledge of phage display, yeast2hybrid, and almost all other screening, compound discovery identification methods (spanning antibodies, small molecules, peptides, even too many unsuccessful RNAi, because not much gets by bigpharma, and it was my job to know. I am not an expert in anything, but know a lot about a lot, which is invaluable in investing in biotech startups.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $606.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 12.5¢ $17.86K 137.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1081168 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 505604 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.