PYC 0.00% 12.0¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Andrew,From their own presentations, they are primarily using...

1. 74 Posts.
    Andrew,

From their own presentations, they are primarily using phage display, and selecting against cells, and then using FACS to determine of the phage entered or not, and they then recover the phage sequence and determine which peptide was expressed that allowed for particle entry. They then make that peptide by chemical synthesis, actually they outsource this, and then check to see if it in fact does bind to and enter cells. Most relevant to Janssen project.

For intracellular targets they had been doing the same just using purified protein targets, but more recently said they have stated to use yeast2hybrid, which was hard for me to believe, but thats what they said.

They apparently have more recently made a modification to their phage display cell selection method to allow them to detect peptides that leave the endosomes, but again it is basically just sorting by FACS using a stain that exists in the cytoplasm or a stain that exists only in the endosomes, thus you could sort the cells ((FACS is fluorescent cell sorting) by sorting the cells based on whether your phage signal overlaps or doesnt overlap with the cytoplasm or endosome signal, which would exist in different flourescent channels.

Phenomica is using the phenoypic screening, which relies on expressing the phylomers inside cells, and then identifying those phylomers that exhibit some effect in the cells, and than actually subsequently using the identified phylomer to attempt to do a pull-down assay from the cell lysate to identify the target protein. The concept isn't new, but it has been limited in its effectiveness, so whether phylomers will prove to be more amenable to phenotypic screening will be interesting. Honestly it comes down more to assay sensitivity for detection of your desired phenotype, which I think is what MRC brings to the table.

I don't think they are using cisDisplay anymore from Isogenica, or at least last I heard they were not, but not sure.

That's my 1 share opinion

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $559.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $185.3K 1.515M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 166662 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 39575 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.