BTH 7.14% 15.0¢ bigtincan holdings limited

This is a great view, although Glassdoor can sometimes skew...

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    This is a great view, although Glassdoor can sometimes skew towards the negative. I logged in and some of the comments are telling. Some interesting ones are:
    • The company is built on selling no matter what No funding for tools or training Too many managers No culture or processes in place HR is absent Get out ASAP
    • There is a mountain of technical debt, each system is complicated and slapped together hastily with little foresight given to improvement and maintenance. The core product is awful, for developers and for users. There are some very sloppy decisions to blame for this.
    • Need to recruit more QA resources to manage the work load. QA team is very small.
    • too many acquisitions, lack of vision
    • complete lack of technical skills, focus & decisiveness from the senior management level
    • time mostly spent on fixing bugs/errors rather than on creativity or innovation
    • Sales driven company where technical teams don't have a seat at the table. Every single decision is driven by a short term profit. There's no time or resources to do things properly, there are only deadlines set by prospective or angry current customers, as well as marketing and investors presentations. Most of the people in the development teams are miserable and are considering leaving, which is reflected in a very low employee retention rate. Position description and information shared during the interview process is often very far from the truth. Machine learning engineers are promised to work on cutting edge technologies and end up maintaining BI systems from the previous century. Developers are maintaining legacy systems and are spending most of the time on fixing bugs. Testers are so busy testing manually that they don't have time to automate things (which results in even more bugs). Development teams are severely understaffed, and underpaid for that matter. Ratio of managers and non-technical people to technical ones is ridiculously high for a software company, which outlines the company's goals.

I find this level of detail enlightening, but also disturbing for this company and reinforces my view that this is a poorly managed company with deep issues. There are many other reviews which reinforce this understanding, and companies making acquisitions do deep due diligence which uncovers this sort of stuff. I will be looking at an exit, just need to do so to minimise bloodshed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.010(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $92.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $74.52K 516.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6679 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 279242 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
15.0¢
  Change
0.010 ( 3.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ 315718
Last updated 15.55pm 21/05/2024 ?
BTH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.