LMG 2.17% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

I can only give reactive thoughts based on what I do know and...

1. 1,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 382

I can only give reactive thoughts based on what I do know and what I have read.
    My reading is that they don't yet have approvals from State Government for the 10,000tpa plant. I guess it was too much to hope that they would be progressing this in parellel over the past year. I'm guessing(and in the absence of information that's all we can do) that they have suddenly realised that the overheads of building the 10,000tpa plant on current site will be costly with lots of delays.

I can only assume that Yallourn and Maryvale access will be easier and cheaper and faster. If not, then they should get cracking on the approvals for the current site.

The demonstration plant was always conveyed as being a first step towards the 10,000 TPA plant on the existing site. It was communicated numerous times that the plant would be expanded on the same site. It was also communicated directly to me that it would be added onto the demonstration plant. We were never informed of the likelihood of two distinctly seperate production plants.

Using existing equipment from the plant in addition to further equipment and modifications, would then expand the plant up to 10,000 TPA. I can demonstrate this with the following snippet from the IMARC presentation last year:

"The company owns an 11-hectare site in Victoria, which will house its 1,000 tpa demonstration plant and subsequent 10,000+ tpa commercial plant."
    I don't recall LMG saying that the 1000tpa demo plant would be converted to the 10,000tpa plant by adding another 9000 tpa capability. My understanding was that the 10,000tpa plant would be a separate structure on the same 11 Ha site.

I did ask DP at a presentation last year of what would become of the demo plant after testing the various fly ashes. His response was that they would run the Ni slags through it to evaluate performance and optimal operational parameters.
    1If the demonstration plant, to the point of completion, runs to over 60 million dollars, and there is now the perceived option to use another site, either Yallourn or Maryvale, then there are direct implications that have not been divulged.If the demonstration plant stays seperate from the 10,000tpa site, will it only complete magnesium production to 1000,TPA and never be expanded? Over 60 million dollars is an enormous amount to spend on a 1,000 TPA plant.The original budget for the demo plant was to be $25-$30M. I suspect the demo plant cost ~$60M mainly due to delays and very poor management/leadership. One would hope they have learned lessons from this experience to not repeat the same mistakes when building the 10,000tpa plant.
    What facilities do either Yallourn or Maryvale have in place ready for the 10,000tpa plant or are we starting from scratch? Do the New sites need new offices, facilities car parks, OHS requirements ,EPA and Local Government approvals, ect ? Do the New sites mean a radical change to the budget for the 10,000ttpa plant?

The Board is probably the only ones who can answer that question and i doubt they will even know. This is something that will be incorporated in the feasability study. The only way to get answers on this one is a conversation with the CEO or wait for another seminare and ask at the Q and A session. As you know, it's a waste of time writing to them.

I expect much of this will be include din the Bank Feasability Study due end of this year - which once agin will probably take longer to do now.
    3If the existing demonstration site is inadequate to progress towards 10,000 TPA of magnesium, then what will LMG do if both Yallourn and Maryvale also end up being unsuitable? It is illogical to say that the current plant site is no longer suitable due to space, access to water, and gassing, and at the same time include it in a list of three options.My understanding is that for the current site, the space is adequate however there are problems with getting the required power, water and gas supply volumes to the site for a 10,000tpa plant. Issues with getting approvals from State Government and approvals to lay piping across the various owned tracts of land. Why this didn't come to light earlier, I don't know.
    If LMG are stuck with the existing site, what does that mean that? Does the entire cost and time of establishing a new design to fit and sorting out water and gas mean that there will be potentially further delays before the 10 000 tpa plant is even commenced construction? It is vital to know.

I would say there would be big delays - the extra time needed to get approvals to lay the piping to supply water, power and gas. That would also translate to increased cost.

Its worth having a read of section 4.3 of the prospectus released 3rd of June. Specifically section 4.3.1 on pages 27 and 28. I'd say those timelines have just been blown out of the water! I have attached copy of prospectus to this post for ease of access.

Prospectus.PDF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.001(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $70.94K 1.547M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 564837 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 101 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.