CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 14,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8530
    In principle, sure, I agree.

BUT then when you heard, LIVE, that whatever pressing concerns that you (anyone) have weren't addressed, why didn't you (anyone) pick up the phone and ask them?????????? One chance per year to put them on the spot. One.
    According to Wary's post above, the company addressed submitted concerns in the presentation itself - seemingly not all of them however, so for all those complaining, why didn't you then pick up the damn phone?
    There wasn't a huge window, sure, but everyone had the chance.
    Apparently only one person here actually tried to get through and ask something (Gareth), but got stuck with an ID mix-up coz he was apparently on his phone out and about.
    I expected dozens more "in the queue", given how vocal those here have been lately.
    Instead, we hear baseless conspiracies about "being locked out" etc but still the list of those who ACTUALLY tried to call and ask something has one lonely holder on it. Who else?
    WOW
    Seems everybody was just "waiting for a mate" to do it instead. Imo anyone who was seriously, genuinely, wanting answers and expecting any meaningful and informative responses would have had their finger on the button and called immediately, as several others (even asb) have pointed out already.

Just a thought...

What sort of deep insights were people expecting anyway?
    Do people actually believe that the decision to invest in A40 was based on a chat at the coffee machine one morning and AT was hitting the buy button at lunch time? Seriously. Of course there was a process of DD that would have included documented justification and presentation to the board. Of course the board would have reviewed this and queried various aspects including risk. Imo anyone assuming that 10's of millions in a company this size get spent without due process is kidding themselves. It would expose the board members to very real risk and legal consequences if so. They will cover their a$$es wherever they can and there is no doubt that they know due process is in their best personal interests.
    What do we expect from asking them about this? Do we think they are going to release or detail any of the internal DD publicly? As if. Of course they (and any other company) is just going to say that "there was extensive DD prior to that investment and we are now investigating our legal options for potential recovery of part of this investment, considering the circumstances and timing of the A40 administration" or something to that effect.
    Seriously, what sort of detail or response do people expect?
    "Oh yeah, AT/XYZ got trigger happy on commsec and before we knew it he had spent a motza! We replaced him with Simon for that and cut his bonus"..??

What is the company doing to move away from reliance on China and the associated risk with pricing control etc?
    "We are engaged with some end users in South Korea and Japan, who currently source their chemicals from converters in China, and as these supply chains broaden to other countries, some of this may change; also we are continuing to engage with potential new customers from other countries where conversion facilities are being built or planned"... or something to that effect. ??

Why isn't the company putting Mt Cat into C&M considering the current pricing environment?
    "Our analysis and assessment indicates that C&M would not be the best current option; we have ongoing customer contracts to fulfil and expect a recovery in prices within a period that makes sense for us to keep operating under our revised plan of reduced output and processing of stockpiled ore. There is ongoing uncertainty of course, and we continue to monitor and manage as appropriate, and will inform the market of any material changes in this regard"....or something to that effect. ??

Undermining their expertise, experience and understanding of more detailed factors (specific to customers, contracts, operations etc that outsiders are not aware of), by calling for C&M etc, is laughable imo. Yet the armchair experts keep it up!?
    This is certainly NOT to say that I support everything they do or that all decisions turn out well, but calls like "put it in C&M now" ?? Really.
    If one can't trust the company to make suitable choices about when and how it runs its mining operation, then WTF are they doing invested in a mining company!?!?

BTW, these are the types of things that I have wondered about also, and would like to know more about, sure, but I accept that we are not going to be told anything in any great detail about any of them.
    I personally did not call in to ask any questions because I knew that these are the types of responses and details that would be given. Sure, there may be some minor new snippet of info or clarification, as there sometimes is with various AGM Q's, but nothing that I was expecting to be anything even remotely close to an ah-ha moment or that will influence my investment either way.
    Were others expecting deep new insight? Seems like it. Really? Imo it's like most companies - they share what they are prepared to; the rest, people can chip away and maybe be fed some snippets, but nothing major.
    Chip away by all means. Picking up the phone helps btw. ONE chance per year for public questioning, gone. If you're complaining about not "getting answers", you need to point the finger the other way - read my underlined second sentence at the top. Simple as that. Sure it's harsh, but it's true.

Put all the BS aside and ask yourself: do I see a suitable likely return from NOW until some point in the future, aligned with my risk profile and investment horizon? Evaluate. Act. Simple.

GLTAH
    IMO
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.