PWN 10.0% 0.9¢ parkway corporate limited

My arguments have little basis? I saw that Guardian article, it...

1. 862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    My arguments have little basis?

I saw that Guardian article, it reported that critics thought CSG brine salts being disposed of in lined landfill was not a long term solution. No where does it say this is a unanimous view. I thought it was sensationalist to say in the head line all 5 million tons is going to end up in the Murray Darling. It implies 5 million tons of salt and residues is going to be dumped with no safe guards in place and left to be washed by rain and floods into the environment. I read 2 reports by the Queensland Government and another by Queensland University, the links provided on this thread, none of them expressed an environmental hazard would be inevitable from land filled brine residue. If landfilled encapsulation is adopted, the worse case senario that can be reasonably anticipated is a fraction of the residue will find its way into the environment because of some safe guard failure. There is already a fair amount of salt in the Queensland environment as demonstrated by the brines in CSG.

The CanberraTimes, was along similar lines to the Guardian though had an opinion that residues like benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene and xylene would find there way into the environment. Presumably these are already in the environment unless they are added in the production process. Again they are a fraction of the salts and under conditions that can be reasonably anticipated only a fraction will get released into the environment. What about municipal waste land fills, imagine the toxins in them. Are you lying awake at night worrying about them? Is any one suggesting prohibiting land fills generally?

The ABC article had the following excerpt from the Queensland Department of Environment and Science "Any proposed encapsulation facility would be subject to a rigorous assessment process … including consideration for land rehabilitation and long-term management measures."

The 7 News piece didnt add anything significant to the above sources in my opinion.

There is all sorts of thinking out there. You have to make your own mind up about what you think. They are still arguing about the safety of covid vaccines.

"Also, do some research what impact salinity has on agricultural lands"
    I dont need to do any research on soil salinity in farming soils. I have extensive practical and academic agricultural experience, my great uncle was a famous soil scientist in NZ. What research have you done that brine residues stored in a managed land fill will inevitably extensively contaminate farm soils. Its purely hear say from critics.

" Politely I'd like to suggest that your opinion pieces spruking your "understanding", "impression" and "thinking" of this situation are inaccurate".

Politely I'd counter that is your opinion.

" then argue various points based on a limited understanding, has it yet occurred to you that it might be a good idea to read more and talk less?"

I always try and keep my thinking fluid, i.e I avoid a closed mind with fixed ideas. I anticipate most of my ideas, perceptions at any given time are wrong. Best to be humble.
    Last edited by squarepants: 06/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PWN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
-0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $22.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $37.88K 4.192M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1647175 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 7767441 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.9¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ 3916586
Last updated 15.49pm 10/05/2024 ?
PWN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.