PV1 0.00% 4.2¢ provaris energy ltd

Hi Bj,Thanks for the kind words. That stock you refer to is a...

1. 10,807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3566
    Hi Bj,

Thanks for the kind words. That stock you refer to is a disgrace and I'll leave it at that.

GEV is a recent addition (as in this month) and with only a modest amount invested. I probably look at stocks for investment purposes quite differently to others. Without sounding like the prophet of doom I am quite prepared for GEV to go to zero. IMO and speaking very generically, this is a company with a self declared "better mousetrap" with no moat for its business. That said, it simply becomes a discussion about the cost of capital and what sort of returns are available on the capital employed.

I don't want to wound anyone here who may have paid a lot more for their GEV shares and/or were involved with other companies that make lots of announcements of MOUs and HOAs and precedents etc., etc., etc., and with highly (over?) confident CEOs. Better mousetraps by themselves don't make any money for anyone. I count at least 4 "failed first starts" ...
    1. UK - Port Meridian CNG Import project
    2. India - Middle East (ME) to India CNG ... which included an offtake agreement to sell CNG (so revenue to GEV) with IOC.
    3. PASCA CNG to import CNG from PNG to Gladstone, QLD
    4. Malaysia stranded gas with Tamarind Resources

This is a business. One company's revenue is another's expense. How (and when) will GEV reach revenue? That is still some time away ... so its a long term hold and hopefully (hate saying that) not one with frequent small capital raisings along the way(as has already occurred).

The focus is now Brazil and USA. What's different this time ... or a better question might be why didn't they start there? I mean for the USA there is a massive amount of gas supply available (like ME). What GEV proposes to do on water, companies like KMI & WMB do on land (they are the large interstate pipeline companies moving gas from producers to consumers ... such as utilities and large industrials). The Brazilian opportunity of CNG to Power seems obvious ... almost doesn't need a better mousetrap just more mice. Brazil is expanding LNG import capacity. Onshore imports via main BBPL declining as producer fields running out of gas. Offshore pipelines to onshore are at capacity. Growing demand for power needs more solutions ... of any kind it would seem. For this opportunity, GEV can just be the floating pipeline. Let Petrobras or Shell or .... execute their own 10-20 year GSA with whatever Brazilian power operator that needs the gas ... all GEV has to do is move it from Point A - the offshore platform to Point B - the onshore terminal for 15 years.

Even that "simple solution" requires significant capital (just ships as loading infrastructure would be at the platform already). But a 15 year "time charter" from Shell would solve the capital issue. A guaranteed long term income stream solves most problems. How much of that GEV keeps is what equity holders in GEV need to be concerned with.

My "bet" is that is more than the present $0.095/share that the equity trades at presently. It's "easy" to see something like $0.40/share but I don't believe we have all the information ... that assumes 100% ownership of the project which seems "unlikely" but possible. Really dependent on how the ships are financed. So risk it at say 50% and call it $0.20. But even if a binding deal announced today, that revenue does flow for a couple of years ... got to build the ships first. But if one domino falls then the next might well quickly follow???

Good fortune with your investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.2¢ 4.2¢ $16.65K 396.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49573 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 258823 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.58pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.3¢ 4.3¢ 4.2¢ 9622
Last updated 14.35pm 14/05/2024 ?
PV1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.