ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1364
    My rationalisation for continuing to support RED, Galena and COI, at current SP, is that they are approaching big milestones - RED & G1A are on the verge of announcing full commissioning of new plants, and hopefully will rerate, and hence are relatively undervalued .... ramping ? I have always qualified my stance, by saying upside was (primarily) dependent on the gold price, sector performance and general market dynamics.
    I follow SLR, CMM, RMS, and latterly GMD, as these are the mid-tiers that RED aspires to emulate and hence have similar MC ... reasonable ?
    Alas, the poor state of the market and especially the gold sector, has reduced the probability of a hoped for return .... like for many SH, these co's have been disappointing to say the least.
    My comments about SLR apply in full measure to RED and Galena - they have been very disappointing for "loyal SH's" but an absolute bonanza for their BOD, management and staff, and will continue to be .... such is the nature of mining companies generally.
    I will vacate the registry of all the above, post big milestones - sometimes this fundamental approach comes a poor second to technical based trading strategies. It seems that my post struck a chord with more than a few - when the planets align gold miners can give stellar returns to traders, who SELL, but, alas, the planets are increasingly unaligned and gold miners are entering a period of profitless prosperity - enough profit for most to survive, but not enough for significant capital growth let alone dividends - OK for staff, NOT OK for SH's .... IMHO.
    Putting aside for one moment my supposed "ramping", what parts of my post do you agree / disagree with ?
    I first invested in SLR in 2007 ... I presume your a very experienced investor with lots of mining knowledge ?
    Do you still hold DCN ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.