ALK 0.00% 43.5¢ alkane resources limited

In 1905 the Commonwealth was the richest producing mine in NSW....

1. 2,334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 721
    In 1905 the Commonwealth was the richest producing mine in NSW. The depth is about right I have spoken to a bloke lost a calf down there I posted on about a month ago. About two years ago I also posted on here a tip a mate gave me about the hole that appeared (must have had a cover on it previously) near the "horse yards". He said it took six seconds for a rock to hit bottom. I have read history on a series of old holes all the way from there to Comobella, I found one on Mitchells Creek all grown over. They were mostly shallow but some must have been productive back then. Well they appear shallow unless there is a false bottom down 30 or 40 feet or so. Some of those names still appear in the district even now. Good people. There are also a lot of local amateurs investing in prospecting equipment, gold sluice etc as the price of gold skyrocketted. Also know of a bloke working Burrendong Dam foreshores when the drought had it at 1%. An ounce or two of local gold is not to be scoffed at these days? Raining today, the locals at Ironbarks would be scouring the ground on the way to the Ironbark Inn as I write this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $262.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 44.5¢ 42.5¢ $220.7K 505.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13953 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 6978 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.