STA 0.00% 9.5¢ strandline resources limited

Ann: Corporate Presentation - TZMI Congress, page-29

1. 422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Hi again 2ic, rereading your informative substantial posts the one thing that did stick out to me was the following. I agree supply (and therefore demand) appears to be consistently around the 1.2m level over the last decade. However the most recent TZMI analysis you are quoting (and probably placing less emphasis on reports from 4-5 years ago) also states:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4870/4870436-0f4c4f91d27e21c60d8d9ad1d28e4716.jpg

So going forward the industry experts you are quoting - rightly or wrongly - are suggesting over a 50% increase in total absolute demand to over 1.9m by 2030. I am unsure why this is? Perhaps the Asian middle class forecast to quadruple (India, Vietnam, Indo along with still approx. 0.5b Chinese to urbanise). Perhaps Chinese property which has been in the doldrums for the last 12 months - whilst zircon has stayed strong - recovers in a controlled and managed manner?

Any thoughts on why TZMI are predicting much stronger future zircon demand growth than the often quoted historical global GDP rate of growth ? Do you feel that if TZMI are right with these predictions the outlook for the sector (inc STA, SFX) suddenly looks a lot better, if not extremely bullish?

Ultimately its all about forecasting demand and supply as you say but I am surprised by such bullish demand predictions (6.7% compounded) by the pre-eminent industry experts and I don't have the knowledge to understand substitution alternatives etc

FInally, my personal view is if STA ramps up as hoped (in line with DFS), zircon stays strong, Tanzania progress made next year and then (at the very latest but I am expecting earlier - perhaps even EOCY 2023 - the 'very likely' Coburn expansion project is made the share price should be at a multiple to where its currently trading IMHO. Thats the time to then lighten or sell majority I would think before supply (eg SFX) does come online. I am just not sure if anything besides STA is forecast to start prodn by end of 2023?

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.