PLS 0.67% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

I can provide some research I have done in the past but I wrote...

1. 9,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17850

I can provide some research I have done in the past but I wrote them in another stock forum.

1. In terms of your question on how much kg of LCE is in a lithium ion battery, the general view is 0.9 kg LCE per KWh. This is well above the theoretical efficiency level btw. Explained in Section 4 of this post, so simply look at Section 4 for the explanation and links. Refer: Post #: 37817451

2. In terms of battery types, yes solid state batteries require a lithium carbonate product. Section 2 of Post #: 43616066 provides that information, as well as providing initial viewpoints as to what 2000 GWh in 2030 translates to on a LCE equivalent basis. Obviously this graph is based on battery types now, whereas the one I was looking at before in that post simply had end market applications such as EVs) but converting to LCE based does give an indication of need. I note the 'y' axis on your graph is actually in LCE needs btw. In 2030 looks like about 1.8 million LCE on that graph, and as 900 tonnes LCE equals 1 GWh it would seem the graph is very similar to the one I have in the embedded post in this paragraph since that would equate to 2000 GWh in 2030. Multiply by 7.5, as you need 7.5 tonnes of 6% grade spodumene to produce 1 tonne LCE at a 85% - 90% recovery rate in the converters, and that gives you the spodumene equivalent amount (and obviously I use the word equivalent because some of that growth will be filled by brines etc).

3. In terms of how much graphite is needed in a lithium ion battery it is essentially 1 kWh of battery capacity requires 1 kg of spherical graphite/synthetic graphite depending on the mix of input the two in the graphite based anode of lithium ion batteries, albeit there are variances in the estimates. And it takes 2kg to 3kg of graphite flake concentrate (94%) is required for each 1 kWh of graphite in the anode sourced from spherical graphite, assuming 50% of the anode comes from naturally occurring graphite and the remainder is synthetic graphite. Explained in the mid section of this Post #: 38438679 I haven't turned my thoughts to what that means for LCE demand in a SSB context, but I do note SSB have higher densities and are smaller in size btw so theoretically the increase in lithium needed per kWh for such batteries might be offset by the smaller size battery required compared to a lithium ion battery, but as I said still need to do the calcs myself at some point if information becomes available - refer back to point 2 above embedded post. Just a guess but the PLS graph allow one to calculate LCE demand for solid state batteries.

Obviously, the 3 posts embedded were written in other stocks, but the conversions are explained in those posts. Hope they help, but not here to debate the rest of what I wrote in those posts, and I note I no longer hold a graphite stock as well. Might have some useful links in them to.

Would be interested in your calcs/views, should you decide to do some btw

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.