ASM 0.00% 46.5¢ australian strategic materials limited

Ann: Corporate Presentation, page-59

1. 1,461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697
    Good to see a few more rational heads contributing today @Ranganuts and @Watchfulbull, and @arsenic to balance out the "sky is falling" crew. Each to their own and I can understand the pain given the SP performance of the past 12 months and the lack of robust communication from mgmt.

I'm reasonably comfortable with a raising as long as it relates to boosting the sales pipeline as that is the area we are sorely in need of some good, quality news stories. If it's just to keep the status quo and the list of promises, then there needs to be an explanation (but I won't be holding my breathe for one based on the last 12 mths).

Just to put some thoughts out there for some of the 'hindsight' views, one was the need to get a more qualified CEO. Would seem from RS resume that maybe the coy had foreseen something in her when she was first appointed as the COO in July 2021 given her immediate promotion the next July. Pretty solid experience with 30 yrs in mining and mineral processing, with the likes of S32 and BHP, both in supply chain mgmt and GM of the Kwinana Ni Refinery (another high chemical process) so appears good credentials. So, given the dearth of experience in REE in Aust as only 1 miner currently produces RE, in Lynas, I'd like to think that just maybe, we have the best available option. Refer Aust Resources article on patience required for Aust RE industry

If anything, we probably need some heavy hitting sales and marketing help to sell the REE product. Would appear that our KMP president may not be helping a great deal in that regards? It was one area I didn't think there would be any hiccups with in-country expertise, but seems there are.

The other issue I think ASM have with sourcing a big time 'strategic partner' investor is the 30% holdings of IG. That must create some angst for potential, international partners. I was always of the thought that maybe IG would sell a portion into the right deal, and of course, that may still happen, but it's an initial hurdle that needs to be climbed every time they approach suitors.

And as for the poster that queried the credentials of Hyundai E&C, well, that's just so misinformed it's actually funny. Probably the one global construction firm you want involved in this process, so that's a huge tick for mgmt that they are/or may become involved! Global 2000 rated coy and all...JMVHO

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4799/4799457-2efcd12b4d3ac66698d08b330c82ce96.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $84.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 46.0¢ $216.9K 459.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 42076 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.