WA1 10.8% $17.27 wa1 resources ltd

I imagine the plan now is for management to roadshow the...

1. 3,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330
    I imagine the plan now is for management to roadshow the presentation around various brokers, try to pick up support from analysts and do some media. I agree with whoever said that there potentially needed to be education of the market on just how essential/valuable on Nb is.

Meanwhile that article (thanks @rocketeer) on Brasil, and the politics around Nb was fascinating! The Brasilians clearly think they should be processing Nb onshore and moving away from a reliance on China. China somehow managing to buy a mine that represents 10% of the world's output is pretty extraordinary but that article also neglected to highlight that CBMM sold 15% to a Chinese consortium and another 15% to a Japanese/Korean group in 2011. The new government is looking to scrutinise the resources sector including native title rights and it's environmental impacts so Brasil may be in for some changes. The bottom line though is China now controls the world's Nb supply and prices. I can't believe that's what the West wants? Apparently the Biden administration's number one concern is critical mineral supply.

In a geopolitical environment where the West is increasingly concerned about who dominates microchip production you'd have to think there is soon going to be serious levels of interest in a close to surface province scale resource in WA that will ultimately contribute towards greater critical mineral security for the West?
    Last edited by LST123: 08/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.27
Change
-2.080(10.8%)
Mkt cap ! $1.059B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.60 $19.80 $17.00 $8.650M 477.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2910 $17.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.30 820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WA1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.