GBE 0.00% 5.1¢ globe metals & mining limited

Fair comments both.I think it is related to getting in a Chinese...

1. 3,666 Posts.
    Fair comments both.

I think it is related to getting in a Chinese steel partner who is focussed on the niobium. They want the niobium, but don't want to see money spent on other commodity types that don't relate to their business.

I think you guys are onto something about the FIRB. Whilst GBE is solely listed on the ASX, their hands are tied in regard to other financing options. Whereas if you spin assets out to the TSX and do a dual listing, there are more options available.

After the debacle of getting approvals for the buyback, not to mention the share price, it is no wonder GBE are considering other options!

(Being publicly listed is all about access to capital. If FIRB rules prevent significant changes to the ownership once we have a majority foreign-owned partner, what point is there in being listed here??? GBE are hamstrung on the ASX, can't go forward and can't go back!)

But yes, I would support some 'material benefit' for shareholders if they spin out the rare earth assets. With such a long time frame to production, sinking the proceeds solely into Kanyika will not provide much of a return any time soon to shareholders.

Yaq

I have been accumulating prior to the buyback. After that... well, we will be competing with the company to buy shares, and they won't be in the 14-15 cent range...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.