STX 2.27% 22.5¢ strike energy limited

DW was an awesome guy, still is an awesome guy. We've always...

1. 1,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    DW was an awesome guy, still is an awesome guy. We've always liked him because of how receptive he w to shareholders and he conveyed an exciting dream that we all get attached to. His initiative to do the YouTube click was excellent. How many other MDs on the asx would leave their board rooms or Qantas club long enough to do something like that to update SHs?

Sadly though I think the dream of the entrepreneurial geo taking a gas prospector to fame and riches died with the ongoing delays of the last 12+ mths.

The two scenarios that I think could be happening;

Could be that project is going great (and by all reports it is), but it's time to talk business deals and find some $$s without going back for another CR. Being a technical guy at heart, perhaps he doesn't have the stomach for it (this technical guy wouldn't, so I understand if that's the case) or the board just wanted a more experienced financial guy there and DB was bought with this intention all along (was it 3 years ago?).
    And/or
    DWs promise/dream of not taking an average level TO bid, but holding out for significant premiums for SHs was exciting for all of us I think. But this sort of line only sits ok with boards of directors while a project is kicking major goals. With the additional time and money spent in getting to the commercial stage over the last 12 mths ....blah blah ...you get it.

The above is all spec, as is this final comment. If Beach aren't already on the phone then they will be looking over the fence very intently IMO. Maybe they will offer 25c a share and the board knew DW wouldn't take it?? I guess we'll find out soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $643.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 23.0¢ 22.0¢ $2.095M 9.322M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 1543383 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 613863 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.