GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

Good post OldGeo and much appreciated. It seems to me we may...

1. 590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 702
    Good post OldGeo and much appreciated.

It seems to me we may have quite a complicated system here. GAL have reported 4 rounds of drilling, the 1st including the discovery hole, and in the drill logs from the first 3 rounds the country rocks below the mineralised ultramafic where described as sediment and/or chert, no mention of black shales, and in most cases a layer of barren ultramafic between the disseminated mineralised layer and the country rock. Your conclusion that the black shales may play a key role as a sulphur source makes a lot of sense, but it may also be the case that the intrusive magma that formed the sills contained significant sulphur itself, as at Platreef.

A quote, "within the Platreef,PGE grades appear to be highest where the floorrocks are dolomite, and lower where they aregranite, Fe-formation or shale", and another, "the Platreef magma was apparently S saturated prior to emplacement".

If so, then mineralisation within the target ultramafic may be more extensive and not limited to contact with black shale country rock. We'll see.

I've been looking more closely at the relative elevations between the GSR and GAL drill log layers and am disappointed to find that the MTJV001 drill collar elevation in GSR 2.9.22 is 30m different from that in GSR 18.8.22, and they don't say whether the elevation is Reduced Level m above sea level or not. Another example of sloppy work and they do need to get their act together. Let's hope that they can report the assays, which I'm very much looking forward to, without errors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.