NHC 1.65% $4.32 new hope corporation limited

Ann: Court of Appeal rules in favour of New Acland Coal Pty Ltd, page-7

1. 838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    I've tried to get my head around this like the rest of you and this is what I think is the position.
    To get an extension NHC needs a water licence and approval from the government to go ahead and mine the extension. The application for a water licence was originally rejected but the result of yesterday's court appeal effectively rejected the logic for the refusal which, I think in legal terms, means that a renewed application for a water licence should be approved. A formal process still needs to occur with respect to the water licence. It then gets down to the State Government approving the mining application itself. Given that they've recently approved the Adani request and, from what I've read, Adani is less environmentally sound than the NHC impact, I would be hopeful that the licence to mine will be granted to NHC.
    I think NHC claims of victory here are a little premature at this stage as there's still a few things to happen but I think they're much closer to success than failure with regard to the extension and I don't think they could have said that before yesterday's decision.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.32
Change
0.070(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $3.651B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.45 $4.48 $4.31 $15.65M 3.589M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 37571 $4.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.33 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.