NHC 0.61% $4.88 new hope corporation limited

I personally think that NHC is outlining the win but the loss...

1. 5,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    I personally think that NHC is outlining the win but the loss for both parties is that the appeal threw out the judges ruling that you could remedy the bias by only addressing those aspects in a new hearing. As I have read this (3 times now) the bad thing that isn't commented on is that once you have perceived bias the whole process has to be thrown out and redone you cannot remedy the parts. The land court process has to restart from the beginning. It remains to be seen if the complainants will oppose the application but as I understand it there are huge funds available to fight any application for a new coal mine and this falls into that arena.

I suspect that by resetting this there are other issues that have to be considered as the laws have changed - my reading of this is that those changes cannot be applied here.

So I reckon we are back at square one and can only rely on the fact that the opposition has an understanding of what they won't be able to win on. Probably going to be easier but no home run. Maybe they will sell their properties and a new group of complainants will appear - these fights destroy lives as I understand it as they are all-consuming. I just think that we will find that phase 3 is probably 2/3 years away from being a reality. Still, good value here as I rate management and I would presume the QLD labor government will delay anything so that it won't affect re-election chances. I would love some real understanding of how quickly things can get heard of in the Land court... I would suspect that complainants will see delays as a victory.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.88
Change
-0.030(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $4.137B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.91 $4.93 $4.83 $9.037M 1.854M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1948 $4.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.88 23150 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.