TLG 3.95% 36.5¢ talga group ltd

Thanks bosto.When planning, Talga admittedly underestimated the...

1. 1,716 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3290
    Thanks bosto.

When planning, Talga admittedly underestimated the demand. However, Talga's two most likely customers (ACC & Verkor) are also only starting out. Look at Verkor's first plant:

"Verkor’s goal is to open its first Li-ion battery Gigafactory in 2024 in Dunkirk, France, with a 16 GWh/annum capacity, followed by long-term expansion to 50 GWh/annum by 2030"

16 GWh is basically the equivalent to what Talga will be producing in stage 1. I understand that ACC will be opening 3 plants, however for now the same goes for their first plant, which will be producing enough modules for between 200,000 and 300,000 EVs per year. Talga has stated that their annual production of battery anode materials is sufficient for around 250k cars per year. From my understanding of what Mark said in a presentation, Talnode-C will be used for specific projects. So it isn't realistic that all modules produced by ACC will use Talnode-C. This means that once ACC have their other plants operating, they won't have a shortfall because anode will also be sourced from elsewhere and used in other projects.

So while the demand obviously exceeds the amount Talga can produce, it isn't a total blowout right now. In the likely case that Talga are named a strategic project in the CRMA, they could probably scale production to keep in line with these two customers, at least.

With all that being said, I don't think this is a bad problem to have and like I said before in my response to Archer, it shows how unlikely it will be that Talga will struggle to sell Talnode-C.
    Last edited by Gvan: 21/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.