NST 3.15% $13.84 northern star resources ltd

Ann: COVID-19, Guidance and Dividend Update, page-91

1. 420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219
    Most important takeaway from Conference Call tonight was all mine sites remain open and operational including Pogo.

They have taken a small short term hit as they implemented stringent guidelines back in Feb to stay ahead of the curve and government mandates. While these impacted production putting them in place it has enabled them to maintain their social licence to continue operating during this crisis.

Any production impact is solely related to staffing measures they’ve had to implement like social distancing, split shifts and increased measures around FIFO etc that affect people flow to and from mines.

Workers in Pogo were given 24hrs to decide whether they were staying for 30days or leaving and now have a motivated and fully supported in camp staff who can carry on with new roasters in place.

Local governments currently fully supportive and they want it to continue that way by protecting their workers and communities.

All supply chains remain open and no risks at this stage to supplies.

No risk to gold deliveries as Perth Mint monetise all ounces at time of collection from site, including in Pogo.

Only work on mine sites at present are revenue generating ones, including mill upgrade at Jundee with construction crew staying on site until completed.

Super Pit unaffected as all staff local.

Free to move staff within State. Strict measures around FIFO staff including social distancing meaning extra planes needed.

It might be seen in a couple of month that they put their stringent measures in place too early or they have been too conservative, but better to go hard and continue to operate than get shutdown.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.84
Change
-0.450(3.15%)
Mkt cap ! $15.90B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.81 $14.08 $13.70 $94.67M 6.832M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 27402 $13.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.85 1067 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.