MSB 2.29% $1.07 mesoblast limited

I think @BertySmythe you have made the assumption that no...

1. 457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    I think @BertySmythe you have made the assumption that no preparation is required when starting a trial.
    Also, I believe the rate of recruitment is not dependent on the number of patients to choose from, but the number of patients the trial doctor is able to process. We did not pay for this trial therefore we have no control over the number of people available to complete an enrollment.
    The enrollment process, tests and follow-up is quite extensive therefore time consuming. There may not be an endless supply of staff to do this process. Once the ball starts rolling, enrollment becomes easier/quicker as staff become familiar with the process, therefore may be a bit of a j-curve, though I suspect staffing will still be the limiting process.

To all you other armchair critics out there, read some of the stories that have been posted on this site on how chaotic hospitals are at the moment. Dealing with the day to day chaos will impact the speed at which patients can be recruited. Have some thought for those on the ground dealing with this pandemic - it is heart wrenchingly difficult for doctors and nurses to do their job at the moment. Some days there may not be time to enroll a patient in the trial because you are too busy moving the dead.

I am frustrated that it is taking so long, mainly because I hope this treatment will work and lives can be saved. However, I also understand the stress health care professionals are under at the moment and will give them space to do the best they can without innuendo of incompetence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.025(2.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.216B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.10 $1.06 $4.942M 4.613M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 70659 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 43531 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.