TYR 2.09% 93.5¢ tyro payments limited

Ann: COVID-19 Trading Update 44 - Week Ended 15 January 2021, page-24

1. 1,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110
    The trading halt coming so soon after the release of the viceroy report would not have been anticipated by whoever is paying viceroy to fling mud. I know "shorters are gonna burn" and "biggest short squeeze of all time" are catch cries on HC, but in this case, if material good news comes out during the trading halt the shorters can't act, they have to wait until market open so they are stuck in their positions. They will either rapidly try and close a percentage of their positions to eliminate risk which will send the share price higher, or double down on the accusations to try and squeeze the last juice out of this attack so their clients can close short positions.

If they fail and the price rises, then people who are looking for a buy in or momentum trading will amplify the price increase action along with shorters closing positions. I don't think 30% is realistic but the bounce back will be swift IF the news tomorrow is good.

It's really all about whether or not Tyro can regain market confidence after the mud slinging. They need to:
    - show hard data on affected terminals (to debunk the 50% misinformation which was the headline takeaway that spooked the market) and
    - show hard data on how many clients are still affected and how many terminals they replaced and
    - project confidence that the issue is largely behind them

If they do all that then even if you do have a few SMEs still pissed about being down, or hopping across to square, then it won't matter much, the stock has lost a huge percentage of its market cap which is looking increasingly silly as more data comes out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.09%)
Mkt cap ! $489.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
96.0¢ 96.0¢ 92.0¢ $903.9K 966.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 29783 93.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.5¢ 21338 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.