CPV 3.41% 42.5¢ clearvue technologies limited

Ann: CPV Major Milestone - First Commercial Demonstrator Project, page-132

1. 2,549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2561
    Good analysis, but I think one point may not be quite correct.

As far as I followed the technology's characteristics at its introduction the light collating layer itself DOES effectively focus or at least redirect incident IR light (and UV after conversion to IR) from all different directions towards its edges, where the photovoltaics are. That is the whole point of the layer. Orient the things towards the sun and you will get a significant harvest of light for more than the maximum perpendicular illumination would predict.

I gather this is similar to the way perspex sheets containing fluorescent pigments redirect light towards its edges, making them appear very bright, while the panel itself appears to be slightly opaque.

This is essentially similar to having an omnidirectional collecting and/or sun tracking function. Needless to say this ability is not limitless, and will certainly have both optima and minima in its light harvesting capabilities. But it will help significantly. That is the whole point of the innovation.

Chippy might like to ask for clarification on this from the horses mouth to make this "clear" to non scientists and engineers. That is the whole point of the innovation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.