SPR 2.72% 94.5¢ spartan resources limited

Ann: Craig Jones appointed as Chief Operating Officer, page-10

1. 18,217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3781
    HIGHLY EXPERIENCED MINING EXECUTIVE CRAIG JONES APPOINTED AS CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

Spartan Resources Limited (ASX: SPR) is pleased to advise that it has strengthened its senior leadership team with the appointment of highly experienced mining executive Mr Craig Jones as Chief Operating Officer.

Mr Jones is a qualified mining engineer with more than 28 years' experience in West Australian underground hard-rock mining operations, primarily in operational leadership roles.
    Prior to joining Spartan, Craig was the Chief Executive Officer of Poseidon Nickel and previously the Chief Operating Officer for Bellevue Gold, where he played an instrumental role in establishing the restart of the historical operation, leading the Feasibility Study and forming part of the team that delivered financing of the project.
    An inclusive and hands on leader, Mr Jones is renowned for building engaged and driven work cultures and for his dedication to working collaboratively across diverse stakeholder groups.

Mr Jones has also held senior roles in operations, mine management and business development for various mining companies including Northern Star Resources.
    During his career, Craig has been instrumental in optimising, integrating and operating underground mines as well as upgrading mill infrastructure and installing major capital projects at various operations.
    Mr Jones has also lead projects through from Definitive Feasibility Study stage to construction and into production. Craig holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) from the University of Ballarat and a WA First Class Mine Manager's Certificate.

The Spartan Board has approved a package of incentive performance rights that are subject to specific vesting hurdles and milestones.
    The Performance Rights will be issued under the Company's Employee equity incentive plan.

Spartan Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Simon Lawson, speaking on Craig's appointment:
    “On behalf of the Spartan team and its shareholders I am very pleased to welcome Craig aboard as we define our high-grade resources and lay the foundations for a profitable long-life mining operation at Dalgaranga.
    Our strategic focus on building high-grade ounces close to existing infrastructure and the exploration success we have achieved puts Spartan in an enviable position of converting that exploration success into a number of potential production scenarios aimed at generating substantial returns for our shareholders.
    “Craig's proven operational track record and experience in establishing high-quality teams and delivering significant project outcomes is a perfect fit for Spartan as we begin to plan our future as a high-grade, low-cost gold mining company.
    Having worked with Craig before I am well aware of the culture he fosters as well as his capabilities and I am delighted we have successfully negotiated his joining the Spartan team. I know Craig will expertly guide the optimal development and production pathway at Dalgaranga while our exploration efforts continue in parallel to deliver further growth in the high-grade resource inventory.
    The appointment of Craig as our COO at this time is a key decision at the right time in our strategy to convert what we have achieved so far with the drills into planning, optimising and executing the best mining and production scenario. As we grow, we adapt.”

Mr Jones says he is excited by the opportunity to bring his experience and skillset to the team at Spartan and looks forward to capitalising on the growing high grade resources the team has discovered and established processing infrastructure at the Dalgaranga Gold Project.
    “Spartan Resources has established itself as a high performing and dedicated team who have already taken on the world and won.
    It's an absolute privilege to be joining the Spartan leadership team as the Chief Operating Officer and I look forward to working alongside Simon and the team on the path to further growth and future profitable production.” Mr Jones said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.025(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.045B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 94.5¢ 91.0¢ $6.182M 6.695M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23789 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 79292 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.