Darcy would turn in his grave if he knew someone (CLQ) might...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 10,643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2858
    Darcy would turn in his grave if he knew someone (CLQ) might make as much money from his water as he did from the mountain (Mt Morgan). Also from the mullock heaps IMO.

HISTORY

William Knox D'arcy.

""He was born in Newton Abbot, England, the son of a solicitor. He attended Westminster School until 1866 when the family emigrated to Australia, settling in Rockhampton, Queensland. D'Arcy continued his studies and chose to follow law, later joining his father's business. He did well and began to speculate, initially in land.
    He married Elena Birkbeck of Rockhampton at St Patrick's Cathedral, Parramatta on 23 October 1872.[1] Elena was born in Mexico in 1840, the only daughter of Damiana de Barre Valdez and Samual Birkbeck. Samual was a mining engineer from Illinois in the United States. He was descended from the English Birkbecks, a Quaker family with an interest in education.[2] Samual met his wife, Damiana de Barre Valdez, while working in Mexico, managing a silver mine.""

Read more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Knox_D'Arcy

The upshot was that he saw the value in 'Ironstone Mountain' later Mt Morgan, named after the Morgan Brothers, who discovered the gossans and sank the shaft only to lose ownership to the smart solicitor from town. Of course Mt Morgan, a 1000 ft mountain became a 1000ft hole and made Darcy a fortune - he returned to England to live the high life of horses and speculation eventually owning three quarters of Persia's oil resources and founding British Petroleum.

He is one of my 'heros' - not for his ethics but for his foresight and resourcefulness.

Another is Donald Trump, next POUS ??, who said --

"Take care of the downside & the upside will take care of itself". Canny traders should consider.
    Last edited by JandJ: 14/07/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.