OAU 0.00% 0.5¢ ora gold limited

" At a high grade. The high cutt off is interesting too, though...

1. 33,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1739
    " At a high grade. The high cutt off is interesting too, though I imagine the strip ratio will be high (but that is ok because of the grade)'

Hi Spec , its all very subjective without any hard figures , however if you look at the South East ore zone , the ore body seems quite thick if looking at page 7 of todays announcement that AA cross section can then be seen on page 6 as well in its width so would think The thickness in the South East ore zone is considerable which helps to reduce strip ratio
    There is 990k tonnes of ore in the SEZ which runs around 5.2 grams a tonne , I am guessing half of that is in the top 100 meters so 500 K tonnes and it looks to strike for around 300 meters NE
    To my amateur look at it it looks like they would need a pit 450M long at surface by 100 M wide at surface * 100 M deep , guessing it is an inverted wedge going down in shape which halves the amount of waste that needs to be removed
    ie (450 * 120 * 100 )/2 = 2.7M BCMs
    2.7M BCMs * SG2.2 = 5.9M tonnes
    5.9M tonnes less 500K tonnes of ore is 5.5 M tonnes
    so for every 500k tonnes of ore there is 5.4 M tonnes of waste
    that would be around a 11:1 strip ratio , what do you think ?
    at say $8.00 a tonne to mine that would be about $100 a tonne in mining costs
    add $25 a tonne in haulage for 100 kms and $60 a tonne in toll processing and that is about $185 a tonne total in mine costs which comes close to 2 grams a tonne in cost with gold around 100 a gram and is higher than the 1.2 grams a tonne cut off grade figures the company shows ):

It would be good to know how much dilution if any has been accounted for in the new MRE , I am guessing there is going to be a good reconciliation of ounces in the MRE to what hits the ROM pad in quantity of ounces , as given the high grade they are not going to want leave ounces behind in the pit .

However The flip side to that is they will probably be prepared to accept a higher level of overbreak and just in general accepting a higher % of country rock outside the ore contact zones which will reduce the grade coming out of the mine .

The above is just conjecture on my part and I am a novice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $10.34K 2.069M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
63 69270698 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 400000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.58pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.